Backwash
LCH

LCH

Randomness in its true form--not unintelligible, just inconsistent.

[ Links ]

< ? blogs by women # >





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
11.15.2001
 

Hell Has Indeed Frozen Over



They have canceled all of the 3A playoff games that were due to start tomorrow. That's football, by the way. This is North Carolina. They don't just cancel football games around here. I mean, seriously, it's really the only thing that happens around here.

The story, from what I understand, is a bit complicated. But I'll shorten it.

Apparently, there was this player at North Gaston (a high school), who transferred in from Hunter Huss (another high school). He would have been ineligable to play football at North Gaston, except that someone falsified his grades. He played in 9 games before they found out. So then they had to forfeit all their wins and give up their chance in the playoffs. That gave East Lincoln (a high school), a leg in, so to speak.

This resulted in this. Rebecca Bolton, a mother filed an appeal and won.

Great. So that kicks East Lincoln out and puts North Gaston back in.

But back to my title of today's post. As a result of that, some parents or something of East Lincoln have now appealed so that they can get back in. So instead of having some of the games a week late, they canceled all of the 3A games. I'm not sure if that's just the Southwestern 3A playoffs, or is that all? I'm not well versed in my football, so I'm not sure.

My high school, Crest High School is 10-0. So that means that if we get all the way to the top, the last game will be the 21st of December. Bleah. Oh well.


Comments: Post a Comment


Google
Try looking up "lastcrazyhorn."



Add Me!


Contact me at: lastcrazyhorn AT gmail DOT com