Backwash
LCH

LCH

Randomness in its true form--not unintelligible, just inconsistent.

[ Links ]

< ? blogs by women # >





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
11.09.2001
 

The History Behind LCH



LCH stands for last crazy horn. I play French Horn in the band at school. I'm a senior this year and first chair I might happily add. This particular band is the Senior High Band. We do marching band and concert band. You can choose to either be in both or drop out a semester and then test and get back in. A lot of people choose to stay in for first semester (marching band) and then they drop out for concert band. I love it all, so I refuse to drop out. Even though this means that I have to take a Zero Period class. Zero Period starts at 7:05, instead of the customary 8 am.

But all of that doesn't really matter, except for the Senior High Band bit. When I was a sophomore, there were two horns in my grade. My best buddy Julie and me. When we became part of the Senior High Band, we found out that we had a bigger section, due to older horns. There was this really crazy, fun girl named Kristy who was the senior then. She made you feel welcome and she was always nice. Plus, she was good on French Horn and made up for what the other two lacked. Those other two were juniors. They were kind of prissy and stuck up. They didn't want much to do with us. One of them was first chair, she was the worst. She never wanted to play much, and I don't really know why she stayed in. Her name was Carrie. The other junior horn was a girl named Heather. She was all right, I guess. But she never tried that hard, and didn't play so that you could hear her.

So my friends in that section were Kristy and Julie. I've always been a bit weird, but together it was fun.

Anyway, at the end of that year, Kristy graduated and Julie dropped out. Julie hadn't been doing too wonderful in band that last semester. When she had tested, she had gotten a pretty bad grade. And I think I knew that she would probably drop out. She stopped acting excited about band and her tone got kind of fuzzy. She would ask me what time it was all the time in band, because she was bored.

So my Junior year, I was stuck with two snobby seniors (the former juniors), and two sophomores. The sophomores kept mostly to themselves and thought that I was weird beyond weird. They didn't really want anything to do with me. I was stuck in the middle. All the crazy ones had left.

So I was the last crazy horn. Or LCH for short.


Comments: Post a Comment


Google
Try looking up "lastcrazyhorn."



Add Me!


Contact me at: lastcrazyhorn AT gmail DOT com