Backwash
LCH

LCH

Randomness in its true form--not unintelligible, just inconsistent.

[ Links ]

< ? blogs by women # >





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
11.29.2001
 

There's Just Something About Cloudy Days



I swear, I think cloudy days make everyone go crazy. Especially in high school.

I was sitting there today in class thinking about how much I liked cloudy days. They are just so rare. I know that cloudy days happen, but around here, they never seem to happen on the weekdays.

At the same time, cloudy days are sort of creepy. If you've ever seen a setting sun go down behind some very dark clouds, then you might understand what I'm saying. The sky turns this weird color, and things just look freaky all over. To me, it sort of looks like the last days of the world that were described in The Last Battle in the Chronicles of Narnia.

Cloudy days make me feel sort of antsy or something. I feel like I want to sleep and run and jump up and down at the same time. This might just be me, but I don't know.

I know for a fact that it affects other people, because of what happened today at school. I swear that high school age people can sense a fight from halfway across the school. I think it's like a sixth sense or something.

Today, at lunch, we were sitting there just like always. Suddenly, half a dozen different people start yelling, and then about half the lunchroom got up and ran out. It was a fight, apparently. But what I heard from people afterwards, was that it was a fake fight or an almost fight. So obviously nothing happened. Whatever.

As a band student, I'm not allowed near fights. If our band director were to show up and spot us near a fight, it means certain doom. And I'm not being overly dramatic either. If we're near the fight (that is, watching it), we either get afterschool detention or a gig, or both. Bleah. So when the rest of the lunchroom started screaming and running, I just sat there like a good little band student. Okay, that's my excuse for staying. Other than that, I was just too lazy.

Heh.


Comments: Post a Comment


Google
Try looking up "lastcrazyhorn."



Add Me!


Contact me at: lastcrazyhorn AT gmail DOT com